Monday, July 26, 2010

My Version of Coming Full Circle(ish)

I've totally been slacking on this blog lately.

I've also been slacking on my diet. I may or may not have eaten a piece of ricotta cheesecake last night.

Anywho, I thought that today, along with my diet back in full effect, I would tell you about my version of (potentially) coming full circle since my miscarriage 2 months ago.

It doesn't really involve anything profound or philosophical. However, it does involve my wardrobe and the beach.

Huh?

Anyone reading this that does not know me must think I am incredibly shallow. But I can't help it! I don't want to blog about anything depressing! It's sunny outside + The Bachlorette's The Men Tell All is on tonight = pretty good mood for a Monday.

Baby steps, people.

So today I am wearing the top I wore to the doctor on the first day I found out I was pregnant. I remember purposely dressing cute that morning. I have not worn the top since, because it made me a little sad to even look at it hanging in my closet.

I have also stayed clear of a couple of other shirts that have similar sentimental value, i.e. an adorable top I wore this past Mother's Day, when my mom told me that she could see me starting to show. I think I was just extremely bloated at the time, but still...it was fun to pretend.

However, today is different. I don't feel sad wearing the shirt as I sit here and write to you. After all, the top does have a cuteness rating of 9 on a scale of 10. And that's nothing to be teary-eyed about.

This has to mean some sort of progress, right?

On my recent trip to FL, hubby, bro and I found ourselves at shore's edge, saying goodbye to an ill-fated memory as the waves carried it away. Man, it was rough. Remember my "Message in a Bottle" post?

This week, I will be headed back to the same spot in Florida with my hubby, to stay at an over-priced resort on the beach. I have no plans to partake in any sort of memorial tribute, other than to maybe pour some tanning lotion and champagne out in the sand for my homey Lindsey Lohan, who currently has no access to fake-baking or alcohol while incarcerated. This one's for you, LiLo.

I can't help but feel happy about the fact that as I sit ocean side in a couple of days and gorge myself on oysters, the only thing that I really have to say goodbye to will be my worries, and potentially my diet if I break under pressure and eat a hush puppy or two (or 5).

And as for my Mother's Day shirt? It's packed and ready to go in my suitcase.

xoxo
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment