Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pot Luck

I survived last week's return to work (and perhaps attempted return to normalcy).

When I think of pot luck, I think of a party in which all invitees are told to bring their dish of choice. This type of freedom allows either disaster or bliss. If you've ever been to a gathering of this variety, you are familiar with the typical food spread. The possibilities are endless, but you're sure to find a few staples...ranging from the scrumptious and homemade to generic store-bought.

Most of my week was rather generic. There wasn't much thought, the packaging was dull, and I felt on clearance. Don't get me wrong, there was at least an improvement as the days passed. Tuesday and Wednesday admittedly started off as simple wafers. Vanilla. But by Friday, I had upgraded to the knock-off Oreos. I couldn't complain; at least there was some sugar in the mix.

There were highlights here and there. A laugh that felt natural and not forced was a made-from-scratch, heavenly berry cobbler with a scoop of ice cream.

As Week 2 of OPERATION: NORMALCY begins tomorrow, my fingers are crossed that the upcoming days bring some more sugar, some spice, and most importantly, a little nice.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment